Through improved data-driven decision making, KISTERS customers meet their business goals and stay competitive in their markets. With KISTERS Data Analytics, businesses derive powerful insights from data generated along their value chain (e.g. Internet of Things and related environments).
KISTERS helps your organization answering important operational and strategic questions using different types of data analytics approaches
KISTERS’ generic approach to data analytics becomes of invaluable importance when applied to market verticals. Our market knowledge helps your organization to address market speciﬁc challenges.
Whether you want to leverage your existing data to optimize your existing business settings, monetize on newly gained insights or explore new business models to potentially disrupt your competitive environment, KISTERS Data Analytics will support the achievement of your business goals. It effectively couples proven software solutions with KISTERS’ deep knowledge of industries such as energy, water and air quality, and a solid foundation in computer sciences. Our customers take advantage of data analytics adapted to their speciﬁc markets and needs.
- At a German Distribution System Operator (DSO), the ability to leverage data in order to gain new insights has led to better grid stability and improved technical maintenance, and - as a ﬁnal result - the minimization of the risks of black-outs.
- An Italian Energy Utility was able to minimize penalties and to save costs in energy procurement by 15 % in the ﬁrst 12 months.
- A German Electric Utility saved 21 % of its wholesale costs by applying predictive analytics to anticipate load forecasts.
- One of the largest Austrian power traders achieved costs savings in the range of 18 % per year since using KISTERS Data Analytics.
- One of the largest Water Supply companies in Europe saved 20 % just by analysing how energy was used over the last 12 months.
- A South European Water Utility decreased business risk and saved energy costs through the use of KISTERS’ optimization algorithms for its pumping scheduling.
- A large North American Water Treatment Plant Utility improved operational effectiveness by 30 % based on time saved to generate compliance reports.
Air Quality Monitoring
- Many citizens ask themselves the question whether it is safe to breathe today. Data analytics helps ﬁnd clarity amid the smog by publishing air quality indicators for cities.
- Several regional environmental agencies produce reports compliant with national and EU legislation in a largely automated process.
- In the most populous Australian State, citizens are effectively warned about threshold exceedance by means of free warning messages through SMS, email and mobile app.
- Regional EPA’s in New Zealand and Germany automate the publishing of processed data on open data platforms.
Water Management & Environmental Monitoring
- A main Swiss authority prevented citizens from exposing themselves to contaminated swimming water after an industrial accident.
- At a Dutch Water Board KISTERS Data Analytics improved procedures and shortened reaction times to trigger contingency plans, thus saving millions of euros of material damage during the last two ﬂood events.
- At a European Flood Forecast Center advanced and adaptive statistical forecast algorithms deliver a more valuable and accurate forecast than the classical ﬂood forecast models.
Trafﬁc & Logistics
- The port companies at a large European Port Authority increased their efﬁciency by 27 %. On a daily basis over 100,000 truck trips ﬂow through the harbor in an optimized way.
Customer Value with Data Analytics
KISTERS’ Data Analytics Platform and data scientists help organizations become data-driven. They support you to better identify business areas that will beneﬁt most from advanced analysis algorithms and visualization techniques. You discover and understand if and what meaning may be conveyed in your data. KISTERS’ data scientists will unveil hidden information and identify areas for operational improvement, while sparing users from the daunting complexity of the task.
KISTERS Data Analytics has been used in dozens of projects across industries. Your organisation may beneﬁt, too:
- Leverage the data your organisation is already collecting: Most organizations have data silos. KISTERS Data Analytics allows you to easily manage a large variety of different data sources.
- Generate valuable insights using data mining techniques to unleash the value of your data: KISTERS helps you identify the most pressing challenges your organization is currently facing in order to support managerial decision making.
- Discover how your business and stakeholders will be affected by future trends: Integrate internal and external data sources to gain insights about how the future may most likely look like by applying our state-of-the-art predictive algorithms.
- Get the best possible option on what action to take in your operational environment: KISTERS provides prescriptive analytics with scientiﬁcally proven optimization techniques that will help you to use the assets of your business in the most effective and efﬁcient way possible.